Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

My Tapa writing: Nicola





In this picture this, is my Tapa draft design ( If you don’t know how to pronounce Tapa, its Ta - pa )

First I had to draw it on normal white paper, draw the design from a sheet and try to copy it.
I did this one because, to me because it was easy. I am a bit of a good artist, but when it comes Tapa patterns like these, it takes a lot of practice. I think I did the white paper ones three times to get it right.

For steps...

(1) Find a Piece of paper fold it into triangle and cut off the long square.
(2) Draw a grid with three centimetres across and down.
(3) Pick the Tapa Pattern you like and think it looks okay.
(4) Once you've picked the Tapa patten, draw it carefully.
(5) After you drew the patten, shade in the shapes with a pencil.
(6) When you have shaded the parts you thought was right.
   (Then our class had to ask our teacher Miss Paton to copy them.)
(7) You can copy yours if you have a copier at your school (That's if you have a school)

Next set of steps...

(1) Find a brown piece of paper.
(2) Then draw the grid - 3 centimetres across and 3cm down and rule lines on the lightly.
(3) Pick the same Tapa pattern you picked for the white paper.
(4) Once you have picked the pattern draw it carefully.
(5) Draw the pattern, shade in the bits with a pencil then a vivid you think would be perfect.
(6) When you’ve shaded the parts that you thought was right copy it if your school has one and if you go to school)

(7) You dye it with brown dye.
(8) Once you have dyed it you use bleach on other bits apart from the dyed parts.
Let it dry... (Our class had to make a Master version)

The Master version is the same one you did before only maybe better or bigger.
I hope you have learnt something from this writing.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicola,

    I really like the way you have carefully designed your tapa cloth with very interesting symmetrical patterns.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicola,

    Your final tapa design is great and you have included some very useful instructions. I am a teacher in Tauranga and can't wait to try this art activity with my students.

    Ka rawe!
    Mr C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I'm glad you got inspired and trying it out yourself with your class. You will find that the finishing product will look really nice, maybe nice enough to hang up in your class. That's what my teacher did.

      From
      The girl who you got inspired by:
      Nicky

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.